Celebrating God’s Creation
Let’s celebrate “Earth Day” every day this month, by choosing to be thankful to our Creator for all His creation. Here are a few suggestions to get you started; see how many you can check off by month’s end……
- Listen for a bird’s song
- read / sing the words to “Hymn of Promise”
- recycle, reuse, reduce something, everything!!
- take a shorter shower
- watch a sunset
- look at the clouds in the sky
- read Genesis 1:1-2:3
- use less plastic – bags, bottles, straws, etc.
- visit a local park
- hug a tree
- read Psalm 8
- watch a sunrise
- ask someone what their favorite part of nature is
- notice five birds/ animals/plants and how they are wonderfully made
- draw in the dirt
- meditate on the words to “This is My Father’s World”.
- read Psalm 104; take a walk
- feel the breeze
- read a poem about nature
- visit hubblesite.org and marvel at the universe
- purchase an organic food product
- sit still outside for five minutes
- pay special attention to the “smells” of nature
- plant something
- google “endangered species”
- take a picture of a flower up close
- read Psalm 23 outside
- sing/pray the words to “How Great Thou Art”.
Brought to you by your BUMC Green Team.