Age: 2 years by September 30th
Day/Time: Monday and Wednesday, 9:00am -12:00pm
Class size: 10 children, with a Lead Teacher and an Assistant Teacher
The Terrific Two’s program:
• Fosters a sustaining relationship with God
• Assists each child to play cooperatively with other children and groups
• Provides for self-discovery learning at each child’s pace
• Develops language skills
• Develops acceptable means of expressing emotions
• Improves motor coordination through physical activity
• Encourages children to initiate, perform and complete activities
• Increases awareness of the world around them through hands-on learning
• Provides a safe and nurturing environment for growth & development and prepares them for the next stage of preschool
Incorporated throughout the program are:
• Art activities encompassing painting and drawing with a variety of tools, use of scissors, use of glue and a variety of other materials
• Matching and sorting activities, puzzles, sensory play, fine motor and gross motor activities to improve muscle coordination (stacking, sorting, matching, blocks, etc.),
• Music, movement, and activities using colors, shapes, letters, counting, following one and two step directions, concept building
• Sharing, turn taking, problem solving and interactive play with their peers
Fees: Tuition is $95 per month. Registration fee is $100 ($75 if paid by March 1st). Reduced registration fee and monthly tuition for second or more child(ren).
Terrific Two’s Class’ Lead Teacher Tricia Wilkens has her teaching certificate in Early Childhood from the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) and a teaching credential from Child Development Education Alliance (CDEA). She has been teaching Early Childhood Education for over 20 years. Mrs. Wilkens creates a warm and positive classroom, promotes friendship among her students, and loves creative art experiences. She also served on the Preschool Council for Bethlehem Lutheran Church in Haymarket, VA.
Terrific Two’s Class’ Assistant Teacher Stacy Bresson graduated from Lynchburg College and majored in Interdisciplinary Studies with an emphasis on Special Education. Throughout college she volunteered with Special Olympics. She also works part time as a caregiver for an adorable three year old with Down Syndrome since his birth. Watching him grow mentally and educationally has inspired her to have a passion working with young children in a preschool setting. Miss Bresson gives individual care and attention to all of her students, depending on what the need is each day.