Currently accepting applications for:
POSITION TITLE: Audio/Visual Director
Please use the application below for applying .
The Audio/Visual Director is responsible for the facilitation of sound and media presentations for church services and approved events which will include weekly live stream and recording of Sunday worship. The A/V Director should possess a substantial working knowledge of sound engineering, Audio/Video equipment, video streaming, and software applications. Other desired traits include leadership, teaching, organizational and communication skills, creativity, dependability, self-discipline, and a high level of self-motivation. The A/V Director should encourage and coordinate volunteerism for the audio/video ministry through recruiting, training, coaching, and spiritual encouragement to those who serve.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND EXPECTATIONS
The A/V Director oversees and coordinates all technical details of the worship service and collaborates with the worship leaders to ensure that overall sound, video presentations, service transitions, and worship elements are presented with excellence. The A/V Director will implement and manage the necessary sound and media resources required to carry out the theme and overall direction of services set forth by the Senior Pastor, Associate Minister, and Director of Music Ministries.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Supervise and facilitate the technical aspects of scheduled worship rehearsals and services each week, i.e.: video presentations, sound mixing, cameras, and video streaming.
- Coordinate and provide training for a rotating team of volunteers to operate the technical aspects of church service, rehearsals, and outside events.
- Recognize technical abilities within the church (with the help of church leadership) and create opportunities for sound/media volunteers to serve.
- Consult with worship leaders and offer applicable knowledge in equipment purchase decisions.
- Assist the Director of Music with assessing and preparing for the technical needs of scheduled musicians and vocalists for rehearsals and services.
- Maintain all technical equipment for Worship Services and communicate any needed repairs or replacements to the worship leaders in a timely manner.
- Import and finalize all worship elements created by the worship leaders into Worship Software, including song arrangements and lyrics, media elements, sermon slides as applicable while ensuring all elements are presented with excellence and transition together coherently for services each week.
- Stay in weekly communication with the worship leaders regarding the overall vision of service, series, and worship elements being planned out by ministry leaders.
- May be asked to assist with special services, i.e.: Christmas Eve, Ash Wednesday, Maundy Thursday, Youth Sundays, music events, weddings, funerals.
- Ensure communication is thorough and timely.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
SOFTWARE AND HARDWARE PROFICIENCY
The A/V Director will learn to use all software and hardware used to implement A/V support for worship. Previous experience on these specific applications and equipment is helpful, but not required. The software and hardware skills necessary for the A/V Director will include use of the following:
- Telestream Wirecast software for worship recording and streaming, PTZ optics IP-based HD cameras, and IP camera controls.
- ProPresenter 7 for worship graphics design and projection.
- Planning Center Online church management software for a/v script development and a/v team coordination.
- Behringer X32 Compact Sound Mixer Board with iPad remote and associated sound equipment.