Age: 4-5 years old preschool
Day/Time: Monday, Wednesday and Friday, 8:30 am – noon.
Class size: 15 children with a Lead Teacher and an Assistant Teacher
The curriculum supports and is aligned with the Virginia’s Department of Education’s Foundation Blocks for Early Learning: Comprehensive Standards for Four-and Five Year -Olds.
The preschool curriculum incorporates monthly themes for a focused integration of skill development of oral/written language, science, math, art, music and dramatic play. These skills are taught at an age appropriate fundamental level throughout the year. Students create and participate in activities and projects that assist in all areas of skill development.
Incorporated throughout the preschool program are:
- Fine and gross motor skill development
- Chapel and worship time as well as daily Bible study
- Field trips and community exploration
- Guided/focused facilitated play
- Development of problem solving and decision making skills
- Development of personal independence and responsibility
- Art and music appreciation and development
- Involvement with community and church volunteers to enhance student learning